Saturday, June 13, 2009

Truth Be Told (Honesty)

Insight from Julie:

The flight attendant came down the aisle and asked me if I wanted something to drink. "Water, please," I asked. "That'll be $2," she told me. I reached for my wallet and pulled out $2. She came back with my water and the man next to me's Chardonnay. However, she began taking too many orders, that she completely forgot to get my money. I had it stuck in my book, expecting her to come back for it, but she never did. I thought I might just keep the $2 and not worry about it. Afterall, not collecting my money was their problem. By the time we landed, however, I had decided that I would rather be honest and pay the money. So, I did. The flight attendant I was directed to took it from me and then said, "Wow, thanks for being honest." It was then that I realized how rare honesty truly is today. I made someone else astonished and grateful, and, in the process, made myself feel great.

So, my advice: be honest. I know, in todays economy, we're all pinching pennies, but if you owe something, even if it is never claimed, you should pay the debt. Honest people are so rare, today, make yourself one.

No comments:

Post a Comment